I spent last Friday in London to attend the prizes award ceremony of the International Garden Photographer of the Year 2019 competition. I had sent in three images and my photograph “Secret Garden” had been selected as a finalist in the “Wildflower Landscapes” category. And I heard at the ceremony that I was awarded second place in that category! Unexpected but really nice!
“Secret Garden” will thus be part of the IGPOTY 2019 exhibitions and will also be included in the IGPOTY 2019 book. Continue Reading…
It has been a long time that I have been thinking about updating the look of my website. Not only does the look need an update but also several things are not working as they used to, such as galleries, or even the front page.
So, it is time for a change!
It means that, in the coming weeks, the website will be sometimes unavailable. But no worries, it is coming back soon with a new look 🙂
As promised in my previous post, as the Namur Nature Festival is now finished, I will show you my pictures that were selected among the finalists of the contest.
It was actually even better than I thought: during the awards ceremony last week, I had the (very nice) surprise to be awarded the Award for best Mini-Serie for the four images shown below.
Last week, I was informed that two of my submissions for the 2017 Namur International Nature Photo Contest have been accepted 🙂
One of them is a single photo in the Landscape category while the other one, in the mini-portfolio category includes four images.
I was nicely surprised to be selected twice for the final, among more than 6300 entries.
Recently, I have been contacted by the PR Relations Manager from Sleeklens, asking me if I would test and review their Through The Woods workflow. The agreement was that I would review the workflow honestly, without bias.
As was already the case earlier (see my review of printing at zor.com), this decided me to accept the request.
Here are my first impressions about the Through The Woods presets and brushes.
To illustrate this post, I used a few images from one of my trips to Northern Aragon (Spain) and the French Pyrenees.
As mentioned in part 1, this post has been in my drafts folder for some time already. So prices that are mentioned below have probably changed in the meantime.
After my previous post about printing my images at Authentic, I thought that it would be useful to describe my experience with a newcomer on the market for printing images in Belgium (and France). Zor.com is a new internet printer, specialized in direct printing on several types of boards in a relatively limited range of sizes. Where they differ from the many other printers available today on internet is their prices. Surprisingly low compared to their competition.
They print on Dibond, acrylic glass, forex, carboard, and canvas.
I have written this post (and part 2) already some time ago but had not published them yet. Here it is at last. Be aware that prices that are mentioned might have changed in the meantime, of course.
It has been some time that I have wanted to write a post about my experience with printing my images for exhibitions. As I had promised recently that I would write more about testing some techniques or material, I thought that it would be interesting to start with this part of my workflow as it is the one that is the most visible to the final viewer of my images.
This is Part 1 and you can expect Part 2 very soon, with my test of another company for printing my images.
For my very first exhibition a few years ago (Les Intrigantes), I was still optimistic and thought that I could get away with printing my pictures at one of the many general public printers available on the Internet today. I was convinced that the price would be low and hoped that the quality would be sufficient to satisfy my need for the best possible result.
I should have known better… In the end, I needed to send my images in parallel to two different internet printers to get a result only approaching what I was expecting. Some prints were too red, others were too green, none were close to the colours I saw on my calibrated display at home. In the end, a very expensive exercise and very far away from the high quality I was striving for. So, I had to turn to a better quality printer to get what I wanted.