UPDATE: WP Supersized is now at version 3.0.2. It now allows the use of images from NextGEN Gallery, the WordPress Media Gallery, your own choice of directory within the wp-content folder, or a list of slides defined in an xml file (for advanced users). See the changelog.
The latest update of my plugin WP Supersized has the following main new features:
- Added support for the use of images from NextGEN galleries.
- Added a panel in post/page editor to allow the selection of the images source – no need to type your selection in a custom field anymore.
- Redesigned the options panel, using tabs to reduce clutter.
- Added a folder selector to the options page for easy selection of the default folder or NextGEN gallery.
- Added the ability to have captions displayed even if the rest of the Supersized footer is off (allows displaying html from image caption even with the footer option off).
- Added checks for the existence and read permissions for image folders and NextGEN or WP Media gallery images – displays an informative error image if an error is detected.
- Updated with the latest versions of Supersized (3.2.7) and its Shutter theme (1.2).
- Improved: the glob() function should now work better for users with some servers that do not support the BRACE option. Thanks to Jan for suggesting this.
- Improved: replaced the url by the absolute path for reading xml files to avoid possible problems with some hosts. Thanks to Aaron Ware for suggesting this.
- Improved: automatic removal of slashes in the default dir and custom dir paths.
- Bug fix: archive, tag, category, or date pages should now correctly display the default images.
- Bug fix: the plugin should now work correctly with xml files containing no images: default images are shown instead (as advertised!).
- Bug fix: the plugin should now work correctly with IE when using WP Gallery images. Thanks to Simon for spotting this bug.
- Removed the xmlLib library. The plugin now uses standard SimpleXML functions. IMPORTANT: if you use xml files for defining your images, two slides field names must be renamed: slide-link to slide_link and slide-thumb to slide_thumb in the xml files.
For more details, have a look at the plugin page in the WordPress plugins repository.